Thursday, February 26, 2009
Sigh...What a day
Today was our second visit to the pediatrician's office; it was also their official 2 month checkup and this is the one where they get all the shots. :( The good news is that the girls are doing awesome. They are growing and they are healthy. The bad news...they each had to get 4 shots and one oral vaccine. It was so sad.
Thank goodness my mom-in-law, Mary, went with me. She was immensely helpful...thanks mom! :) I should have thought farther into the future than just the immediate though and planned to have someone with me this afternoon. Both girls have felt icky ever since the shots this morning but at around 2:00 they were almost inconsolable. I almost had to call for some backup help but with a little trickery on my part I was able to hold both of them and rock them until they calmed down, I think the Infant Tylenol also helped some, too. They are still running temperatures and are fussy and want to only be held but seem to be doing better as each hour passes.
I was glad to get the shots out of the way though. Now we can join society again (we were banned on doctor's orders) and go places...like church. I have been taking them on errands when I have to but only because there is no contact with outsiders. I keep them in their seats and don't let people touch them. I also keep their sun shades down so people can't breathe directly on them. Now that they are immunized we can go places where people are more prone to be in direct contact them. :)
So, it has been a running bet amongst a few of us (once which I lost greatly) but the girls have gained a good amount of weight. Jillian is 7lbs 5 ounces (I knew she was at least 6 lbs but I had no idea she was so big!) and Jenna is 6lbs 11 ounces. That was the shocker...it is so hard to guess Jenna's weight because compared to Jillian she still looks so tiny. I was betting she was at least 5 1/2 pounds but I would never have guessed over 6 and here she is almost 7! Exciting stuff....it is weird to think that if they had been born when they were supposed to have been they would have been over 6 pounds instead of 2.15 and 3.2. I don't know if my body would have fit any bigger of babies though...in fact I personally think that is why they came early. There was no more room in the Inn. :)
*********************
Fun Facts for A Day in the Life of Twins:
We feed both babies 8 times a day....that is 16 bottles, 32 ounces of formula, 16-20 diapers and at least 2 different bibs and burp cloths (they are rather messy eaters) used per baby per day. We go through 4 cans of formula a week and I run the dishwasher every day. I do their laundry every other day and make 16 bottles for the night and next day at around 8:30 each night. I do 6-8 baths per week (3-4 per baby depending). I also change the Diaper Genie (dirty diaper pail) about every other day and refills the wipes with the same frequency.
Makes me tired just typing it....how bout you? :)
More to Come...
Jessica
Posted by
Author: Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Poor little things. 4 shots in one day sucks, even for big people. I"d probably cry, too.
ReplyDeleteKisses from Grandpa to make the ouchies all better