Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Score: Jared -2/ Jessica- 0

Well, I am 0-2 and feeling like quite a pitiful mommy at the moment. Usually I am johnny-on-the-spot with knowing which baby is Jillian and which is Jenna when they are together. I am also really good (usually) at knowing which baby is crying in the other room.

So, the last few days I have tested Jared; all while being my smartypants self, and asked him to tell me which baby is which. It is a LOT harder to tell these days because they are both filling out so much. Jillian isn't clearly bigger than Jenna anymore unless you are really studying them. So, last week I had who I thought was Jillian in my left arm and Jenna in my right arm and I say, "Okay, Daddy. Which is which?"

Jared hmms and haas for a while then finally says Jillian is on the right. I give him my "Nope-you-are-totally-wrong-and-I-am-so-much-smarter-than-you"smile and tell him knowingly that he has the girls backwards. He swears he doesn't so I proceed to turn over the baby in my right arm to show him that it is in fact Jenna (side note: I handed Jillian off to my sister before I tried to turn Jenna over). Jenna has a very small, red (almost freckle/mole like--see picture) birthmark on her neck and Jillian has the same birthmark on her upper thigh. Well, it isn't there!! He got it right and Jillian was in fact on the right and Jenna was on the left. Dang!!




Then yesterday, during one of the many nap times for the babies, one of them was fussing endlessly. Not hard enough to go in and rescue her but that baby cry of "I am tired and trying to put myself to sleep" kind of cry. So we are talking about how much babies cry and I test him again and say, "Okay Daddy. Which baby is crying?" He listens and thinks and listens and says Jillian. Again, (and you would have thought I learned my lesson by now) I give him my same "Nope-you-are-totally-wrong-and-I-am-so-much-smarter-than-you"smile and tell him he is so wrong and that it is Jenna crying.

So, he goes in and checks on the baby and gets the pleasure of telling me (again) that I confused my children. Sheesh!! Just when I think I have my twins figured out I am put in my place...I think the girls are doing it on purpose. Now I know how those parents on the "Parent Trap" movie felt. :)

More to Come...
Confused Mother of Twins


PS: This is Jared's fun idea of playtime as he is trying to wake Jillian up (yes!! it is Jillian for sure!). He likes to bounce babies off their heads and got the bright idea of trying to cover her up with babies. I think he was testing me to see if I could tell which was the frog and which was Jillian. :)

4 comments:

  1. Well you also neglected to tell that I, Grandma Cyndi was able to tell that you were holding Jenna yesterday...I had to think about it for a few minutes but sure enough I had it right...I know my sweet grandbabies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad...My ego was already shot enough so I figured I wouldn't reveal that little tid bit. Sure enough...you know which baby is which! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, although always log on I don't say it,but I so enjoy your blog. The girls are adorable and I really think I see grandpa Marty in them. I don't know how you find the time but I hope you are able to keep up with their progress as they get older.
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica: Jared is too anal to ever be wrong. If he ever is though, please post it for all to see. Judy Muller

    ReplyDelete