Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Life is Funny...Unless of Course It's Not


Jenna (L) and Jillian (R) with Momma!





Baby Prozac anyone? Yes please, I'll take two!


These days life is getting more interesting. Jillian and Jenna think everything is funny...unless of course it isn't. They are the most happy, laughing, smiling babies one minute and not a half a second goes by and they are crying big alligator tears and are in hysterics. What has happened to my sweet babies? The babies who used to take naps with no problem. All they needed was a Lovie and a pacifier and they were good to go for at least 2 hours or more? What about the babies who could swing in their swings endlessly or become bedazzled by the toy gym they lay beneath?


Jenna has been in her seat for 2 seconds too long!



Gone...those babies are long gone.

Jillian loves (briefly...they get bored with the toy they are playing with after about 10 minutes) her new toy that gives her more independence



The sixth month mark has brought with it a fierce independence streak for Jillian with a boost of dependence for Jenna. They are really fun to watch though. Jenna is really loving her ability to roll around lately. When she is under her gym she is constantly rolling from her back to her tummy. Wait...perhaps I should be more honest with that statement. She rolls from her back to her tummy and then she screams like a banshee until I nudge her back over after she has gotten herself stuck on her tummy. :)



Jilly's favorite thing to do right now is stand!


We are just so excited that the babies are finally laughing...that is right, laughing! The laugh we have been waiting so impatiently for has snuck up on us. At first we didn't even notice they were laughing because it wasn't what we had expected. It was more bursts of sound with the same tone....I think we were expecting those classic "baby, belly laughs." Now though, they are getting it down and everyone knows they are definitely laughing.


The funniest thing to them right now is the dog. Whether it is Shelby or Emma (the dog at my in-laws). They both love to watch them and they especially think it is funny when Shelby is being naughty and we have to reprimand her. :) Jared thinks that is funny, too.


Last night was the first time they laughed at each other. Jenna was under one of the toy gyms and I was sitting beside her with my legs crossed (I know it isn't politically correct...but just so you get the general idea I was sitting Indian Style). Anyhoo, Jilly was sitting in my lap and we were playing with Jenna. I was tickling her tummy. While Jenna thought it was mildly funny (she didn't laugh but she did give big ol' smiles), Jillian thought it was utterly hilarious. She let out a belly laugh every time I tickled her sister. I wish I could have gotten it on video for you but Jared was outside trimming our trees while he could steal a minute.

So an update on how sleeping unwrapped is going: it's not. :( The girls are just so used to being swaddled that they refused to sleep any other way. So, for now we are compromising. Only their bodies are wrapped (from the chest down) and their arms are free to move. I try to do about one nap a day with no wraps if I can. I guess it will just have to be a gradual thing instead of cold turkey like the doctor suggested. I am just thankful they sleep okay with their arms out...it is some progress...right?

Anyhoo, I am going to wrap it up for now.
More to Come,
Jessica


PS: I was shown the funniest video I have seen in a long time on YouTube. I know the majority of you won't find it as funny as I; however, I can't resist sharing it. I like it because it is a perfectly funny example of the frustrating experiences one tends to receive from employees whose main job is categorized as giving customer service...which they are boo boo with. Check out Bon Qui Qui and her hilarious antics.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Jessica.... blame it all on Marty for spoiling them so LOL
    The 6 month mark is an amazing time. Personality shines outwards... and amazing attempts to "do" start causing little frustrations with the personality.
    It will grow on ya tho.
    Keep the faith that you are learning along with them.
    You and the family have a long and amazing life ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute pictures of your babies. But I'm waiting patiently for new ones. I miss seeing the little munchkins. Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete