
What is it about about a baby laughing that can soothe even the most frazzled nerves? I would be a millionaire, plus the most loved person in the world, if I could bottle up a baby laugh and sell it to those who were stressed, frazzled, down on their luck, going through a rough patch or just plain depressed.
The funny thing is...I can't even figure out why babies laugh in the first place. :) For whatever reason Shelby the Dog is the funniest thing on earth for Jillian and Jenna. Her presence is enough to make them completely stop crying...even if they are really upset. And heaven forbid the dog lick them. A lick from Shelby sends the girls into a continuous state of big belly laughs for at least a few minutes. Which everyone knows in baby time is like hours. :)
Here, I'll show you...This video is Jillian, Jared, Shelby the Dog and me. All Jared is doing is getting Shelby all riled up by playing rough with her, which Shelby just loves (don't worry, the growls aren't as vicious as they sound on camera).
I hope this happy, giggly stage lasts for a while. It is my favorite by a mile so far. And somehow their laughter and happiness makes even the most stressful days, where they refuse to nap and eat, wonderful. If food is a way to a man's heart, a baby laughing is the way to a woman's.
More to Come,
Jessica

Laughter is wonderful and to hear yours giggle is awesome. It gets even better, though - wait for the "why?" questions when they're 2
ReplyDelete