Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Set of Twos



Look at that Slide Hair! So funny how both Katie and Jenna's hair stuck straight up!

Yumm-O. What could be better than a cupcake with pink glitter?


Proof that the cupcakes were good...at one point all of the little girls there were sitting on this curb eating cupcakes. It was adorable!

Jillian and Jenna got Pillow Pets for their birthday. They were very excited, as soon as they were opened Jenna shouted "Pill Pet, Pill Pet!"

Jillian playing with her balloon

Jillian had a great time at her party :)

And so did Jenna Bean

Jillian with Mom, Dad and Jenna



If the pictures of above aren't clear; let me make sure you understand: The girls are now 2...and they are everything you would expect a 2 year old to be. Other than being a bit small for their age still, Jillian and Jenna are pretty much caught up with other kids their age when you consider milestones; which can either be good or not so good...depending on the day. Allow me to exaggerate:


GOOD- Jillian can count to 5 with only the tiniest bit of help

NOT SO GOOD- Jillian throws tantrums almost every time her diaper has to be changed and about half the time when getting in her car seat

GOOD- Both Jillian and Jenna know their colors and like to tell you when they see colors they know (and they will continue to tell you the color they see until you acknowledge their accomplishment)

NOT SO GOOD- Both girls know how to say "No" in the right context and unfortunately like to say "No" a lot

GOOD- The girls pretty much know every animal sound there is to make, including a skunk. AND they know what Santa says...Ho Ho Ho. :)

NOT SO GOOD- I am seriously considering tearing down the Christmas Tree as I type on this 22nd night of December...3 days before Christmas...just because the girls won't leave it alone.

I could go through a whole list of GOOD/NOT SO GOOD things but I think you get the idea. We've entered the stage where the girls want to do things for themselves, have an idea of what they want to do and get really frustrated and angry when they can't voice it. Thus...we've entered the Terrible Twos. Hopefully this stage won't last as long as the teething has (one thing we are still behind on and currently working on).

Anyhoo...
We had a "Princess in the Park" party for the girls 2nd birthday party. Immediate family and a few of the girls' "friends" were invited. It was so much fun! We had pink and purple cupcakes, balloons, sippy cups and princess crowns (with their own names) for our young friends, and the all important snacks at the park. It was nice and sunny, even if it was a little chilly from a cold front that had just pushed through. After the park ended family went back to the house for pizza and presents. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed the girls didn't want to open any of their presents. I figured this year they would be all over unwrapping the gifts themselves. That SOOO didn't happen. I pretty much unwrapped all of them, except for a few Katie took of. Granted, there was a lot of excitement happening and a lot of people. But, I am keeping my fingers crossed they'll be into it a little more at Christmas. I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

Until Then....












PS: We wish all of our friends and family the most Merriest Christmas ever!! Be safe and we will see you in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. cute pictures. I like the princess crowns - that was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crowns! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete