Anyhoo...
We've been trying to keep busy in other ways. The girls and I found a really awesome city pool (not in our city) that is only about 10 minutes from the house. I am not revealing the name because I would like it to stay one of the best kept secrets around. They have a mini lazy river, a pre-school aged pool with water guns, fountains and slide, and three different sprinkler/spray ground areas. The best thing? It is only $3 to get it...for all of us. :) The girls are free! Can you say, pool please? The girls do...everyday. :) Lucky for us they have a blow up pool in the backyard from Aunt Anne so that they can splash whenever they please. I mean...we can't go to the city pool every day. :p
The girls really do love swimming though, especially at the city pool. Even though it takes Jenna a bit to warm up each time we go. She is going through a "Mommy I'm skeered (scared)" phase that is honestly driving me bonkers. She is scared of everything for some reason right now.
Jared and the girls also joined me for the day at Six Flags when the summer program at my job was there. The girls had an absolute blast! They rode some many rides, I was so proud! They rode most of the rides without us by the way....many of them Jared and I wouldn't fit on. :) There was only one ride that was a bit too much. Jilly probably wouldn't ride again but clearly didn't enjoy it. Jenna screamed at the top of her lungs until it stopped, and come to think it...that is when that whole "Mommy I'm skeered" bit started happening. Whoops, my bad. :( Perhaps I should have put my foot down on that ride even though Jenna asked to ride it. Hmmm....
| Jilly and Jenna giving the Tea Cups a try at Six Flags |
| They loved it! In fact, each time a ride they liked stopped they would start to cry. |
| Grandpa Winter will be proud the girls liked riding in the airplanes so much. They couldn't figure out how to use the stick to get the plane in the air but that was okay with Mommy and Daddy. :) |
| The swings were next and Jenna and Jilly LOVED them |
| See? |
| Daddy and Jilly on the BIG ride together |
| Jenna decides to ride with Aunt Anne (mostly because Mommy was too scared to ride the kiddy ride) |
| Going Up.... |
| And not so much... |
| Whoops...perhaps 2 is a little young for thrill rides |
Anyhoo, not much else to report. The girls are talking in sentences. They like to sing. Caillou is their favorite show followed by Toy Story 3 and then The Princess and the Frog. Jillian has started to casually use the potty before bath time. I am hoping to potty train in September!! Other than that it is regular routine in our house...and you know we are home because the instant you step outside you get smothered in what feels like nuclear heat.


wow - that looks fun! Wish I could be there. The year your mother and I got married it was over 100 for 55 days in a row. I don't miss Texas summers, but I miss all of you guys.
ReplyDeletelove,
Dad