Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Big Girls


Oh my goodness...it has been so long since I've posted a real post...with words and stuff! The days seem to vanish now. Jillian and Jenna are SO busy lately that I can hard keep up. In fact, during nap and after bedtime I find myself more often than not in a total state of vegetation watching the most mindless show on TV available just so my brain can keep up with things. Really...it is sad how much I resemble a potato. :(



Jillian and Jenna with their lovies. We had to recover the lovies after almost 3 years of cuddles. Same lovie on the inside, new dress (picked by each girl) on the outside. It was a surprisingly smooth transition.

Jillian enjoying the sun

Jenna getting creative with their baby slide. :)

I walked in the playroom to find the girls "napping" on the floor with their pillow, blankets, and books. Jillian is "smiling." I can't get that child to smile with her eyes open for anything.
The phase the girls are in right now has been really fun, but also very complicated and stressful. They are typically happy as clams but HIGHLY emotional and dramatic. They have a short attention span, and the word "no" has completely escaped from their brains. I am convinced they longer understand what "no" means. For some reason (I've read it can be common) they've also become very fearful of lots of things. The tub drain, cars, vacuum, bugs (that's a big one), garage door, The Wiggles (I know!! They will still watch them though!), people....anything and everything is fair game for "Mommy I skeered."
Jillian's small moment of fun at the Pumpkin Patch

Pretty much how Jenna looked the entire time at the Pumpkin Patch
Jared...holding Jillian at the church festival.

Actually, the fear phase has gotten quite bad. Last year at the Pumpkin Patch the girls had a blast. They wanted to pick their "punkins," they wanted to try the bouncy house, hay ride, inflatable slide, kid rides, etc. This year at the Pumpkin Patch you would have thought we were torturing them...pulling them apart limb by limb. Seriously...it was that bad. I didn't even want to take a pumpkin home with us...no use remembering that field trip, right?! The festival at our church was only a tad better...but I had learned from the Pumpkin Patch....as long as the girls are being held, they are happy as clams. :/ Halloween was much the same, although they did warm up and walk up to the houses eventually. Jenna even said "Trick-er-Treat!" and "Thanks!" a few times. Jillian is for sure the shyer out of the two and I only got a coherent "Thank you" once.
Jillian, Katie, and Jenna right before Trick-or-Treating time. The girls were butterflies (their antennae didn't make it past the church festival) and Katie was a punk rock skeleton...type..of...thing. ;)

On the bright side, both Jillian and Jenna are hilarious. :) They sing, they dance, and they gallop and hop from place to place. They say funny things (like... Mommy, I have boogers) and sweet things (like...I miss you too Mommy, or this is MY sister). I would say their favorites right now are playing dress up, dancing/singing, and painting.

In Big Girl news they are both in a "toddler" bed right now (still in their crib with one side removed and only a bumper under the sheet). Big Girl beds are on the horizon. We are also in the middle of a trial period of trying to share rooms again. Back when we got rid of the pacifier we moved them into their own rooms because they were keeping each other awake...I am not confident our trial period will work. During this nap hour I can hear them from across the house NOT sleeping. Next week we plan on putting them through Potty Training Boot Camp...so we will see how that goes. :}Cross your fingers!!!
Jillian enjoying her Big Girl bed for the first time. Jenna has had much sucess with her bed and Jillian has only fallen out once...I think it was operator error though, the bumper was in wrong. Ooops...my bad. :( It was traumatic at 3am.

Love to all,


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh they're getting so big. And I can't tell them apart anymore like I could just a few months ago. If not for the descriptions on the pictures I'd have had all of them wrong.

    Cute munchkins!

    Love,
    Pawpaw Marty

    ReplyDelete