Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Friday, December 30, 2011

A Prayer Request for Jillian

Jenna and Jillian LOVED being cowboys at their birthday party!
Happy New Year Friends and Family!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas holiday. We sure did! The girls were SO much fun this year. In fact, this is the first year they've wanted to open gifts for their birthday or Christmas. It was really fun to watch, especially their reactions to some of their presents.

MY FAV REACTION: I think their favorite present to open/receive by far was a princess doll they received. Jilly got Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) with long hair to brush in a pretty pink dress (with a matching dress for Jillian of course!) and Jenna got Rapunzel (the one from Disney's Tangled) who has LOOOONG hair (duh...it is Rapunzel!) and a purple dress (again with a matching dress for Jenna). When Jillian opened her she started pawing at the box, trying to get to the doll. I had to hurriedly open and unpack her. Jenna opened hers and then waited patiently while I finished with Jillian's doll and then finally once I got Jenna's doll out and handed it to her she actually started shrieking with joy. I am not kidding! It was so stinkin' cute!

MY LEAST FAV REACTION: Santa brought the girls a princess tent with tunnel. I know right?! How fun is a huge pink and purple tent/hut with an entrance, window and tunnel?? I really thought they would LOVE seeing it after coming out of their room Christmas morning....but not so much. They kind of just stared at it for a while and then ignored it for the next few days. They finally are starting to play in it some but it for sure wasn't the reaction Santa-or mommy- expected.

In other news potty training has been....going. I won't lie, it has kind of been a tad on the brutal side, especially in the beginning. I would say in the last two weeks the girls have been doing really well with tinkling in the potty. They really have very few accidents anymore (knocking as hard as I can on wood here); however, they are truly scared of going poo in the potty. What is worse is now that we've backed off on the push to poo in the potty (doctor's advice) and are offering them their diaper back if they need to go (they are in big girl panties all the time now when they are awake) they are scared to go in that too. Yes, that is right they are scared to poo, period. Even in their diaper. In fact, Jillian has managed to hold hers in for almost a week now. The holding has led to severe constipation, and even a bladder infection for Jillian.

In fairness we've had some success....Jenna did go poo on the potty the other day at Grammy's house (never imagined myself doing a jig over poo in a potty but I sure did!), but now she still won't go at our house--she is scared because it isn't Grammy's potty. Ummm...a potty is a potty....right?! We've talked about it, sung a song about it (no, I won't sing it for you- DON'T ask me either), everything I can think of. In fact, for those family and friends we see regularly, you've most likely been mentioned in our discussions. Talks about how EVERYONE goes poo poo on the potty (specific names have been mentioned people!!). I've even seriously considered buying the book with the same name...it is a tad graphic (meaning: ewww! gross!) so it really is going to be my last resort.

The other thing is....Jillian. Bless her heart, she was diagnosed with a bladder infection a few weeks ago (she was severely constipated at the time which is what led to the infection according to the doctor). Poor thing! Thankfully I don't get many bladder infections but I've been told they are truly excruciating. Jillian was and is still in a lot of pain and pretty much uncomfortable most of the time-even though it has been over a week since finishing her antibiotics. The doctor has run several urine cultures (for bladder infections and UTI) and all of the results have been normal. The doctor isn't sure why Jillian is so uncomfortable and hurting. She isn't sleeping well, she hasn't been eating as well, she runs fevers now and then. So our doctor has a referred us to a Urologist. I made the appointment yesterday and the first opening they had was next Wednesday (the 4th). I took it, feeling relief that they weren't booked too far out...but still, 6 days is also a long time to wait when you have a sick toddler.

So, I ask you to please pray for my sweet Jillian. Pray that the over the counter medicines (Azo, Vaseline and Tylenol) will help manage her pain until we can get her into the doctor. Please pray that the doctor has some idea of what is ailing her so that we can take the steps to begin healing her body. I've begun to hate WebMd (and once again I am swearing never to use it) because all it does is make me paranoid that she has kidney failure or leukemia or some other kind of drastic illness the symptom checker matched us to). Please pray for a gentleness of spirit for Jared and I while we wait for her appointment(she is VERY persistent with her cries of "my bobo is hurting"). Lastly please pray that both Jillian and Jenna would have the courage to be able to poo on the potty- or even in her diaper for Jillian. The fact that Jillian holds hers in for so long is not helping her situation.

Jared and I do appreciate your prayers for our Jilly and I will be sure to send updates once we've met with the doctor next week.
Love



PS: CLICK HERE for all the latest pictures which are WAY over due (they go back to Halloween!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment