Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

My New Blog


Hey Everyone,

Since the BabiesUpdate page seemed so popular I decided to go ahead and start a blog. A few people wanted the updates to keep coming now that the girls are home and I am happy to oblige. :-)


Let's see... it has been one whole week with both babies home. All 5 of us have seemed to settle in nicely. Last night was the first night that Jenna didn't fuss. Since Monday night she has had a fussy time of about 10:00ish to midnight (when she gets fed again). It was starting to get really hard on Jared and I because we feed the babies at 3, 6, 9 & 12. So if she was fussy from 10 til midnight we weren't getting any sleep. We would finally get a few winks but had to get up again at 3 and then a few hours later at 6. I never thought I would be so happy to have more than 4 hours of sleep at a time.


Jared and I have worked out the evening feeding schedules so that he gets up at midnight and I get up at 3. I was getting up at 3 before the babies were home anyway so it wasn't hard to get used to. If Jared has to work we both do the 6am but if not that I usually do that one, too.


We went on our first walk today...even though it was kind of windy. We bundled them up really good and went around our neighborhood for about 25 minutes or so. It was fun...we took Shelby the dog with us and she enjoyed it. She hasn't had a walk since early fall, I used to take her on daily walks (about 2 miles) but after I got pregnant I didn't have the energy, and later on the comfort, to do so. She has seemed sort of depressed lately though so I wanted to get her out of the house.


I know a lot of people were worried about Shelby and how she would act around Jilly and Jenna. I have to say that she has done really excellent thus far. At first she would get kind of pushy with her nose, especially during feedings, but now she is usually either content to lay by our feet or go lay on her bed. She also appreciates the time we spend with her much more now. Before, she was the constant focus and she abused it. Anyone who has visited us can tell you how pushy she was with her toys. If you didn't play with her she would bark and try and get your attention. She is also an extremely hyper-active dog. But, around the babies she has definitely calmed down. We have carpet time after feedings where we try and keep them awake for 20 minutes or so (Babywise program...thanks, Brian!!). Shelby tends to lay on the corner of their carpet blanket and watch them. So, for those who were worried, no need to be. She has done better than we thought. :-)


Well, I think I am good on the rambling for now. I need to get ready for bathtub time. Jillian will be excited as she really likes the warm water...Jenna still needs to get used to it a bit I think.


More to come...

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment