I found, since having the twins home, that when we go in public I/we get the same reaction each time.
They are:
1. Wow, twins?? I can't even imagine...You must be busy?!
2. Ooo, twins. God bless you.
3. Oh my gosh, there are two? I am glad it is you...he he.
4. Wow, two? Well at least it isn't 8, right?
5. Whispers of people saying...Look twins!!
6. Are they both boys? (Umm hello...do you think I would dress my son in a pink, flower, jacket??)
7. Oh my...twins? I don't know how you do it.
Well, we have candid responses for each but our reply to #7 is always the same. This is all we know. Since these are our first...we don't know how easy one is (or sometimes isn't). I do know that it takes me twice as long to do anything as other mothers.
I pulled up to target the other day and I watched a mother get her one baby out of the car and into the stroller. It took maybe two minutes...easy peasy. Then, I proceeded to get my troop out of the car. First I have to get the big, honking stroller out. For those of you that know how big Ford Expeditions/Chevy Tahoes are (we have one of those Chevy Traverse)....our stroller takes up half of the rear end cargo area with the third row seat folded down. :O
Then I have to go to one side of the car and get one baby in the stroller then take the stroller to the other side of the car to get the second baby in. It is the same if I use a shopping cart and have one baby up front and one baby in the basket (I leave them in their car seats for both the stroller and basket).
It is the same for getting back in the car...go to one side and take one baby out of the stroller and put her in the car, lock her door; then go to the other side of the car and take the 2nd baby out and put her in the car. Lock her door, go to the rear of the car and load up the stroller (which is always interesting when I am doing it alone), get in the cargo area and then strap the stroller down with bungee cords so it doesn't roll around in the back.
Pant, pant, pant. I get tired just thinking about it. Needless to say, I have become even more of a homebody, if that is possible. Don't get me wrong...I relish going on an errand or two during the week to get out of the house...but I am not big on working out either and that is what I get; a big ol' Twins-Baby-Mama Workout. :-)
***********************************
I posted some of the latest pictures. I hope y'all enjoy them.
More to Come...
Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment