Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Peas in a Pod



















Jenna and Jillian get ready to pose for a picture
















Jenna is being super silly for the camera...what a ham! She must get that from Jared ;-)





















Finally we get everyone sitting right and smiling nicely!


















A fun picnic in the living room. The girls LOVE Gerber Lil' Crunchies and Apple Juice.






Jillian shows off her new hairdo :)
Bonjour!
Not much new going on at our house. The girls are still crawling everywhere, getting better at it every day. They haven't started pulling up a lot yet...Jenna tries but doesn't put a lot of effort into it. Mostly we are still working on actual solid foods, like Cheerios, and the sippy cup. Not sure if I mentioned the reason we are working so hard on it: The pediatrician wants the girls on all table food by 15 months. That is March! The task seems a little daunting, especially since I am not sure how/when/what to start transitioning from baby food in a jar to solids. We will get it...March may come and go but we will get it.



By the way, I got a different kind of sippy cup the other day for the girls... one that has a latex spout that is the same material as the nipple on their bottle. They were having such a hard time with their sippy cups that I did some research other day and read about these new ones I bought with some of my birthday money. (Isn't it funny...I get money for me for my birthday and I still spend it on the girls! ha!) The cups we got seemed to be a good in between of bottles and starter cups by getting them used to the spout shape in the their mouth but they still manipulate the spout like a bottle nipple. They are doing a LOT better with these cups and that makes me happy. I think this week we are going to start doing one bottle a day in the sippy cup. Meaning taking the formula from a bottle and putting it all in the sippy cup. It will probably have to be a feeding when both Jared and I are home just in case it doesn't go well at first. We will see...


By the way, Jenna is doing much better with the finger foods. It took her a few days to get used to the solid texture but she hasn't gagged in the last day or so. Thank goodness. Now that I look back I remember her doing the same thing when we started baby food.



Other than that we are pretty much laying low. I am not paranoid (we still go out in public...once I refuse to leave the house I have become paranoid) but very concerned about all of this swine flu business. It doesn't help that the reports about it are so mixed. On one hand reporters are saying it is much more mild than regular flu but on the other they are saying some strains are quickly affecting children in a seriously mortal way. Kids are having to be rushed to the hospital and put on ventilators. Scary.


After much deliberation Jared and I finally decided not to vaccinate the girls for Swine Flu (H1N1). The deciding factor was that not only was our pediatrician's office not supplying the vaccine but my pediatrician isn't even going to vaccinate her own children (she has a son about 5 months older than the girls). It isn't that she thinks H1N1 is a non-event... because obviously it is, with Obama declaring a Health Emergency. But she isn't sure that the vaccine is safe since the it is so new and the FDA/CDC (whoever is responsible) has done so little research and testing on it. I trust our doctor with every other opinion concerning the girls so we decided to trust her on this as well. Although it seems you are playing Russian Roulette whether you get the vaccine or not.


Anyhoo, enough seriousness. I will leave you with the latest pictures of the girls...taken today! I couldn't help it since they looked so cute in their dresses with their hair in ponies. :) I love girls. :) Especially my girls.


More to Come,

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...super silly. That doesn't sound like Jared much. :) Cute munchkins. Can't wait to hold them and spoil them rotten. I'm bringing lots of noisy abd messy toys at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete