The exersaucer and jumper are two of the only things that can guarantee the babies will stay where I put them.
Jenna (L) and Jillian's first bath together. They had a blast!
Phew! I am exhausted. Chasing around two crawling babies makes a mommy tired. :) I don't think I fully appreciated the days when I could put the girls down somewhere or in something, go in another room for a second, and know they would be in the same spot when I got back. Now that the girls are mobile they don't want to stay in any one place too long. Especially Jenna, she is bound and determined to escape the playroom. :) The bad thing is that she is good at it...Jenna Winter: Escape Artist Extraordinaire.
In fact, Jenna is better at crawling than Jillian is right now. Jillian is crawling but her moves have morphed from an inch worm to a belly flopping inch worm. She gets on her knees, rocks back and forth and then lunges forward. She is very close to just a normal crawl, she can take a few regular crawls but then it is back to the rock-n-lunge maneuver. Jenna though...man did she pick up on it fast. She has the hand, knee coordination down pat. Now we need to work on getting into a sitting position from crawling or tummy.
By the way, what do you put a baby in when they are able to get out of their bouncy seat or swing? We strap them in and within a few minutes Jillian is hanging over the side, only held on by a leg. :) They can't walk so it isn't like we can get them little chairs but the floor swings and boppy/bouncy seats no longer contain them! That is bad for me...it means I can no longer put them in a seat and walk away. I have entered the realm of constant supervision...yikes!
Next subject: finger foods. The doctor wanted us to start finger foods sometime this month. She said to start with Cheerios or the little fruit puffs made by Gerber that melt in the babies mouth. The girls actually aren't bad at picking them up, their pincer grasp is pretty good. But every time Jenna gets one in her mouth and she starts to gum it she gags. Then she throw up. Yum right? Has anyone ever heard of that though? I mean I was worried about choking but it is almost like the solid texture gags her. It is really strange, Jilly seems to do just fine.
Anyhoo, the girls are asleep and Jared is at Bible Study Fellowship so I am going to rush off to my bed and relax with a good book and TV background noise.
More to Come,
Jessie

Logan is a gagger also...Just keep trying..He is two and a half and still has issues swallowing things sometimes. It is kinda sad and gross, I guess, but I have gotten used to the throwing up at the dinner table. It used to ruin my appetite, but not anymore :) Tell your pediatrician about it..they might want to do a Barium Swallow Study on her, but try to use that as a last resort!!
ReplyDelete