Jillian (in pink & brown) and Jenna (in pink) get ready for Turkey Dinner!
My attempt at a "kids only" Christmas picture.
Jillian (in stripes & Jenna) are getting better at pulling up to standing. They like to stand on the picture chair now instead of smiling sweetly to take a picture! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!! In traditional Thanksgiving style I just want to say how thankful I am for such wonderful and supportive family and friends. A husband who goes above and beyond making sacrifices for a family he loves; and I am also thankful for my healthy, beautiful daughters who richly and tremendously bless my life every day.
Yesterday, before we went to my in-laws for turkey dinner, I was remembering that at this time last year I was still pregnant...very pregnant. I was just beginning to get into that phase towards the end where no matter what you do you are just plain ol' uncomfortable. I also remember last year how excited I was for the food. All of it sounded so good and once it was time to eat I loaded a HUGE plate of all kinds of yummies...only to leave almost all of it on the plate. After I had eaten just a little I felt so full and stuffed I couldn't eat anymore. But thing was that I wasn't full at all, I just couldn't fit anything else into my tummy!
This year I more than made up for it. I ate lots of appetizers and then I had lots of turkey, potatoes, green been casserole, bread and dessert. Ahhh....it was good. Real good. :)
The babies did well, too. We tried to give them bites of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and little, ity, bity bites of turkey but they were much more interested in the Cheerios I had packed instead. ;) Ha!
This morning I tried to sit both girls and Shelby down for a Christmas picture for our Christmas card. I think sometimes the ideas in my head are too grand. Having to get two babies and a dog (who is scared of the fireplace...but that is the cute spot for pictures!) to sit still long enough to snap a CUTE picture is just not possible. Especially when you are doing it solo (Jared is currently taking advantage of our time off together to get yard work done).
More to Come,
Jessica

I'm betting that by the time I get there on Christmas, those little elves will be walking.
ReplyDeleteThey're getting mighty cute. Jillian looks especially purty with her round little head.