Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Monday, November 16, 2009

I Can't Even Think of a Title for this Post

Jillian said her first word yesterday. Want to know what it was? Any guesses? Anyone?

"PooPoo." What in the world right??!?!?

So the story goes like this... I always ask the girls if they are poopy. Not sure why, I guess it is my way of trying to potty train as early as possible. Hey, the sooner we can eliminate diapers from the budget the better. Now, don't freak out. I am not actively trying to potty train...it is a subconscious thing mostly. I promise. Also, if they could tell me when they are messy that would be a lot more pleasant than going around sniffing baby bobos all day. I've been trying to train Shelby on that...you know like a police dog so that when she sniffs a messy poo she howls or points or something.  So far Shelby is very unreliable...there was so much hope, too.


Jillian and her lovely hair :)


Anyhoo, Jared and I were playing with the girls in the living room yesterday and I kept smelling messy diapers. So I said, "Jillian, are you poopy?" And Jillian replies, "PooPoo." Clear as a bell. I asked Jared if he heard and it he agreed she said it. So then, in our zeal to hear more 'big girl words,' we encouraged our 11 month old daughter to say poopoo...over and over again. I think she actually got tired of saying it because now she won't even attempt to say the word anymore. Stubborn tike. :)

Well, for those of you who are wondering, no...she wasn't poopy. I think she was just repeating the word. But still, it was a word!

More to Come,
Jessica



2 comments:

  1. That's what you get for being OCD about poo! I mean, really - trying to teach the dog to be on the lookout for it, even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle's first word was thank you, his second word was yes. Daddy and mommy wasn't even until the third and fourth. He also never did the mama/dada routine. He has always done things his way in his time...talk about stubborn!!

    ReplyDelete