Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Not Now Mama, We're Busy...



Jillian crawls into her exersaucer to retrieve some of her favorite toys.



Jenna loves to be held and she loves to stand. :)


I can't help but think lately about the GINORMOUS changes the girls have made over the last year. They are 8 days away from turning one year old, can you believe it? It is always amazing to me what milestones humans accomplish in their first year of life. Jillian and Jenna started out as babies who were barely 3 pounds when they entered this world. They couldn't breathe or eat without assistance and couldn't be held safely until five days after they were born.  Now, they are big girls who can crawl with ease, stand, scoot, feed themselves and voice their opinion. They've also morphed from cute, little baby lumps to the most busy girls I've ever met. :)

I don't know that I've ever met two kiddos who like to play more! They love crawling from room to room, reading books (especially the book held by Jillian above that shows her pictures of people "Who Love the Baby" (her).  They also love to listen to music and Jillian likes to dance every now and then (which means she will either rock back and forth or shake her arms). Another favorite is to bang toys together to see how noisy they can get. :)

They are getting really good at finger foods too. Take for instance this morning: they each had half a pancake broken into tiny bits and they also each had a quarter of a banana cut into small pieces. This was the first breakfast ever where they fed themselves. :)

I remember when the girls were little and other parents with multiples would constantly remind me that "it gets better." I can agree. Not that the newborn/infant age was bad or boring. But as they get older things have a way of getting easier. Of course I am still the same amount of tired--I traded babies who would sleep all day and be up at night for babies who sleep all night but are constantly crawling in opposite directions during the day. :) I had hoped that chasing after them would assist with my effort to loose the rest of my baby weight but so far it isn't working. Of course... I suppose making an effort would involve working out and eating right (neither of which I have time for but figured I should be honest).

On the whole though, the last several months have been really great and lots of fun. I will be sad to see this phase end but I know a new phase is right around the corner and perhaps I will be surprised at how much I will enjoy it. :) I guess I am just hesitant to see a good thing change.

So... I decided to come up with some new statistics for you like I did in the beginning, since curiosity abounds. :) The girls are eating less bottles/formula everyday but you should see the faces of the cashiers at the grocery store when I bring my shopping cart LOADED with baby food. :)

Here we go (this is for both kiddos together):

6 bottles a day (3 each) at 6 ounces of formula for each bottle is 36 ounces a day, 252 ounces a week, 504 for two weeks and equals to 3-4 cans during a two week time frame.

We go through 2-3 boxes of baby cereal during a two week time period.

We go through 82 jars/tubs of baby food during a two week time period (that includes snacks, lunch and dinner but doesn't include things like Cheerios, Cereal Puffs, Yogurt, Juice, and other baby finger foods).

We use about 130 diapers in a two week time frame which averages to about 9-12 diapers a day.

We go through 84-88 bottle liners during a two week period.

We run our dishwasher at least once every day.

I do laundry for the girls 3-4 times a week depending upon how many times someone spit up or a diaper leaked. :)

All I know to say here is
"Thank the Good Lord for coupons." :)
More to Come,
Jessica




















Jared, Jillian and Jenna root for the undefeated NO Saints! Woot Woot!

PS: I make no claims to be mathematically sound in my calculations...however, before emailing me I would advise you to review the list of things I do in one day before pressing the send button. :)

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at the first pictures of when they were in the incubators in the hospital. Such big changes, indeed. They looked more like skinned rabbits then than the sweet baby girls they are now. They are beautiful and I can't wait to hold them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinned rabbits? Nuh-uh. They were cute as speckled puppies. :) They get purdier every day though.

    In the book Jillian is holding is a picture of you and MyeongHee. When we read the book we go through the list of people including you and we always stop to say something about your being here for Christmas.

    :)

    ReplyDelete