Jenna has a conversation
Jilly enjoys her ravioli
Mommy feeds Jilly and Jenna feeds herself one of their last bottles (didn't know it at the time though!)
Jenna and Jilly hang with Daddy while Mommy makes a BIG Girl Breakfast
Jenna gets stuck between the wall and her exersaucer...don't worry, right after I took the picture I rescued her!
Jenna makes a funny face and Jilly goes for a toy
Jillian enjoys her first taste of spaghetti
Jenna and Jillian (and Shelby!) finish their dinner
Jenna likes her Mac-N-Cheese
Jillian gets a taste of her first dinner with Big Girl food. :)
Jenna is serious about her spaghetti
Jillian is a little ballerina as she stands on her tippy toes
Jenna reads The Velveteen Rabbit
Jillian makes a silly face
Can you tell what we've been up to? Eating!! That's what we've been up to. Since the last post Jared and I have delved into the world of table food and sippy cups. It is actually a GREAT world to be in. :) Sometimes I think just change and transition are made more ominous than they have to be...meaning I worrying things to death when there is really no need to do so.
The girls have taken to table food beautifully. In fact, they haven't had ANY baby food in over a week. On top of that, today is the second full day with no bottles....none...not even one when Jenna had a melt down this morning. The girls haven't taken to whole milk like I had hoped and will only drink Apple Juice and Formula from a sippy. They will sip a little bit on regular milk and water but they won't drink it. So I have to give them formula once or twice a day so they don't get dehydrated, we've had very few really wet diapers (like we are used to) since we stopped bottles all together. That's okay though....with us saving a few bucks on baby food (about $25-$30!!) and the girls only getting the equivalent of one bottle a day max, we have a little extra to stretch the table food budget to include things they are healthful and nutritious.
So what have the girls eaten so far? Well...I will tell you:
Cheddar and Broccoli Crock Pot Chicken with rice and diced fresh peaches
Mac-n-Cheese with peas and carrots and pears
Spaghetti with meat sauce and cooked carrots
McDonalds chicken nuggets with mixed veggies and orange slices (veggies and oranges from home)
Chicken & Carrot sticks, cheese cubes, oranges
Cheesy Tuna Casserole with veggies and diced bananas
Beef Ravioli in tomato sauce with green beans and diced kiwi
Spaghetti with meat sauce, steamed zucchini and oranges
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy with Turkey and veggies
So that is what I can remember. :) I am proud to say that both girls like all kinds of food and at this stage aren't showing in picky eating tendencies. I am sure that will change but for now I am enjoying seeing all of the foods they will eat.
I know this post has made you very hungry so before I sign off I have to more things to tell you. 1) Jenna finally got her second tooth. It is on the bottom next the one already there...it took FOREVER to come in, poor baby. 2) The girls had the first professional haircuts! The tufts were getting pretty unruly so Jared and I took them last Sunday to Great Clips right around the corner. They did a "bang trim" for $5 each and the stylist was nice enough the trim the crazy edges around their ears. :)
More to Come...
Jessie

Note to readers: The chicken and carrot sticks are made by gerber and ground together to look like a hot dog. So they are "Meat Sticks" but this flavor had carrots too. They aren't eating raw carrots I promise!
ReplyDeletesuch good little eaters. So unlike their mommy who was very picky, even into her teen years.
ReplyDelete