What in the world is wrong with my child's hair? Every time Jillian wakes up from a nap (or in the morning) I wonder what her hair will look like. Now, in case you are joining us for the first time...I have two children. Most of the time I am blessed that they take naps and sleep at the same time. Usually not for the same length of time but that is a different post. So...if I have two children who nap at the same time why does one child wake up with the hair I put her down with and the other wake up with...this....?? I am just sayin'!
Jillian's hair after her nap
Jenna's hair compared to Jillian's after they both took a nap
Jillian is back to her regular groomed self as she and Jenna play
Jenna is giving you a big ol' kiss!
In other news, this week we've been battling the stomach bug. Jenna woke up late Monday night and was sick until Tuesday morning. We've been working on getting her eating habits back to normal ever since. Some days she eats great and some days (like last night) she doesn't want anything to do with her food and will throw a tantrum until we take her tray away.
Jillian started getting sick right after we put the girls to bed Thursday night. Thankfully she only got sick for a few hours so we weren't up all night like with Jenna. And Jillian was pretty much right back to eating her normal amounts of food the next morning. I held off on milk until today but otherwise she seems to be back on track.
Jared and I are praying we don't get sick and I am also praying Jenna doesn't get sick again and start repeating the cycle. It is impossible to separate their germs. They are constantly stealing each other's pacifiers, sippy cups, food, and toys.
I am glad this has happened though. The stomach bug has been going around for weeks now and I have just been dreading getting it. Not only because in my opinion that is the worse kind of sickness to get... ever and I would rather have a cold for weeks than a few hours of vomiting; but I also hate it just because of the physical reaction I get when someone is vomiting. So at this moment I have to stop and acknowledge that other than Jenna's first episode where I had to leave the room, I was a trooper and I am kind of proud of myself. I was right there, patting their backs, changing them and cleaning off the sickness. Also, the more we went along the less physical reaction I had. I don't usually pat myself on the back but this was a BIG DEAL for me. I always say that part of the reason I waited longer to have kiddos was that I knew there would be throw up moments that I didn't think I could handle it. Well...I handled them. :) Not that I want the stomach bug to come back, no siree! I am just glad to know that I can be there for my babies when they need me the most. It is a good feeling to have.
More to Come,
Jessica

LOL. Bad hair day. Peggy
ReplyDelete