Jenna likes to help mommy with laundry
Jillian takes a bath like a big girl
Jillian (pink bow) and Jenna (yellow bow) play with their Big Girl toy
The girls have gotten even more attached to their Lovies. Jenna has spotted her Lovie in her crib and works on getting it out. Jenna especially seems to have a "relationship" with her Lovie. She cuddles it and presses it to her face. She kissies it and sniffs it. She even sucks on the ends of the cloth. I have no idea where she gets that from.
Jillian and Shelby are up to no good
Jenna is upset because I am taking her picture instead of holding her.
So we compromise and I sit down so Jenna can climb up
Recently the babies have been revisiting their old toys. Jillian has become fascinated with her baby swing. Don't ask me....
Jenna as well decided that the baby toys aren't so bad, here she sits in her baby seat reading a Big Girl book
I can't believe how long the girls' hair has gotten! Jillian above and Jenna below model their hair after Mommy did a blow drying treatment. :)
Goodness Gracious! Where does the time go? I can't believe it has been almost three weeks since my last post. To make up for my lack of communication I've tried to post a lot of the latest pictures...which honestly have all been taken in the last three or four days. Let's see...since we've last talked we finally got rid of that pesky stomach bug. Jillian seemed to bounce back right away but it took poor Jenna almost two full weeks to recover. I even took her to the doctor at one point thinking perhaps she was anemic (we stopped iron supplements for her about two months ago and we've been watching her very closely for signs of anemia). She was very pale, had a very poor appetite and seemed very tired. She was playing but usually in just one spot without moving much and she would lay down every now and then to rest. The doctor did an in-office iron test as well as a full blood panel (anyone ever had to hold their toddler down while nurses draw blood? not a fun experience!) and all her results were normal. The doctor said that some babies were hit harder with the bug and with luck she would bounce back to normal within a few weeks.
Well, bounce back she did...all the way into the dark world of teething, taking Jillian with her. Somehow I had a feeling that this time would come. Not the teething of course, that is expected for any child...but one of the thoughts I had when I found out I was pregnant with two babies was that they would both get a BUNCH of teeth all at the same time. Perhaps my premonition was the Lord giving me a warning of what was to come (most likely so that I could fall at His feet asking for patience as well as healing for my babies) because the girls are now in FULL BLOWN teething mode from the looks of their swollen gums. I am guessing Jilly and Jenna can each expect to welcome 2-4 new teeth in the next month, if not more. Jillian already has one top tooth breaking the surface. Part of me hates to admit that I'm a little relieved that they are finally getting more teeth. Up until now we still only had two teeth (bottom teeth) each. Most kiddos have 5 or 6 chompers by the time they are Jillian and Jenna's age.
My mom always said that one of the first questions she wanted to ask God when she got to Heaven was, "Why do babies have to hurt so much when they are teething?" I would be curious to know the answer... the girls have been running fevers and they both have runny noses. They are irritable and sensitive and both are very clingy. It is almost like I have two extra appendages permanently attached to my body. It seems as though the teething has caused one other major problem as well...sleeplessness. Whereas before the girls were in bed by 7:30 and asleep by 7:45 at the latest, snoozing until at least 7am and sometimes until 7:30, now they are restless and still awake late into the evening. I went to bed last night at 9:30 and both girls were still awake. Jared and I have had to start separating them again at night to get them asleep; this is something we haven't had to do since they were about 9 months old. And it isn't like the babies are waking up later in the morning, making up for a late night. If anything they are waking up earlier now, especially Jillian. Which only adds to the irritability, crankiness, sensitivity, etc, etc.
I am praying that the teeth come in quickly so that we can all get back to normal (I would settle for normal-ish). I am ready for my darling girls to be the happy-go-lucky babies they once were. Until then, I will continue in my motherly duties to soothe, cuddle, hug, hold, kiss, love on and play with my girls; which is a blessing I am thankful for every hour, minute and second of each and every day.
More to Come,
Jessica

Seeing my granddaughters grow up through pictures is tough. But when you post them, I'm amazed each time at how much they've grown and changed. Such big girls! They're beautiful! I wish I could hold them both and kiss their little cheeks
ReplyDeleteThey are Big Girls for sure. :) Come home soon so you can hold them and kiss them!
ReplyDeleteThey are getting so big, and Jess you are such an accomplished author. I am amazed every time I read this. Love Peggy
ReplyDelete