It has been 6 months and 14 days...28 weeks...197 days...4,278 hours....However you add it, it has been too long. Taking time off from The Blog has been a much needed break; however, I have found that at times I dearly miss posting the comings & goings, milestones, and hilarities caused by my children. The blog was a great way to share information and an even better way to be reminded that my parental mishaps or groanings (if you will) aren't new to the "motherhood" community. Several times now there have been stories I wanted to share via blog but felt that I couldn't or didn't want to get back into the habit of having to post consistently.
You see, The Blog began to feel like more of an obligation than a blessing. A nuisance instead of a ingenious way to share. Always living up to my "Type A" personality, I felt if I was going to have a blog that I needed to "do it right." In my mind that meant posting as much as possible, even if there was nothing to post....if there was nothing I needed to create something to post. I forgot that the beauty of having a blog is that I GET TO CHOOSE how to write it. I can update it as often or infrequently as I feel.
So that is what I going to do. I've revamped The Blog, cleaned house (did you notice the CUTE decorations??) and committed to myself that I won't feel guilty if I don't have time to post this week (or for the next five weeks). I guess you could say that this time The Blog will be as much for others as it will be for me. :)
Until Next Time....
PS: Another obstacle in keeping the blog was going to be lack of Internet at the house. While the Internet we have is usually unreliable, Jared was able to figure out a way to get something. I will write my posts in a word document and then copy and paste to a post on days our Internet is feeling agreeable. :) Like they always say, "Something is better than nothing..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so glad you are back!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I am still a good blog-stalker even though I have not blogged in well over a year!! Welcome back! I am excited!!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! I'm so glad to see you back, especially since I can't just go into Jared's office to see pics any more :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad your back. I was reading your exit post the other day and was saddened, as u are so well versed. Take after your dad! Love Peggy
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative like your dad. You always have given me smiles while I read. Thank you for having a way returned :)
ReplyDelete