Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Watch Out Jilly & Jenna: Momma Has it on Video!





I got it! I'm doing a victory dance! Why? Because I finally got a video of some of the funny things the girls do. You may see their sweet faces on camera and video and not think much about it, but in reality it is quite hard to get a decent picture of them (they are exceptionally wiggly) and even harder to get a video. They are much more interested in seeing what I see on my side...behind the camera type girls you could say.

Anyhoo, both girls have been really mimicking and copying others around them lately. They put each other in time out, they have "phone conversations," and they even check each other for dirty diapers. The later is what I have a video of.

Let me explain: The girls aren't potty trained yet. They are showing signs that they are ready; however, we haven't begun any actual *real* potty training, I've been waiting for this fall and a 4-5 day stretch at home to tackle the deed. We have been asking them to potty on the potty before bath and letting them sit on it when they want, but we haven't been focusing on it. Anyways, the girls have begun telling me when they go more than tinkle, for those with queasy stomachs we will simply call it Poo Poo. I know! That still isn't the best word but if you are going to watch the video you have to get used to it for now. :) Moving on, there are still times though that they don't tell me when they've gone Poo Poo, and I either catch Shelby furiously sniffing their backside or I catch a whiff of something unpleasant. Once that happens I do what we will call the "Mommy Peek and Check." I basically pull their diaper back, peek, pull farther if needed, and check for poo.

Well, it has become a game for them to mimic this Mommy Peek and Check routine we have. The other day I caught them taking turns telling each other they were "Poo Poo" and letting their sister peek and check. It really was hilarious. I tried to get a video but as soon as I pushed the button to record they were wanting to see what I was seeing and we all know that won't work. Well, lucky me they were back to playing this fabulously funny game last night.  So... pause the music (either at the bottom or to the right depending on your screen) and turn your volume up a tad and get ready to chuckle as Jenna plays Mommy and Jilly plays herself in the Mommy Peek and Check game (don't fret...no actual Poo Poo is seen on camera):



No worries, while Jillian was in fact Poo Poo (it isn't always the case when they play this game) I did change her
right after I stopped recording. :)  Therefore, no babies were forced to stay Poo Poo for longer than necessary. ;)

Not much more to report on our end. I am hoping to get a video of them singing some of their favorite songs soon. That has been a toughie to capture, especially since I am usually singing them with them.

Oh! CLICK HERE to see all the latest pictures. They start around the end of July and go up until now.

More to Come,

No comments:

Post a Comment