Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Live and You Learn

Well, you live and you learn. Today I went to my doctor's office for a postpartum checkup again...I took my sister, Teri, with me since I had both babies. My doctor's office is VERY small and would not fit the double stroller. I can't carry too car seats (I can barely carry one) so she lovingly agreed to come with me and help out. Plus, the girls either have allergies or a little cold because the last few days they have been congested and not feeling well and therefore slightly cranky.

So, the appointment was going well. I was asking Dr. Wilson to check the fraternal vs. identical results when all of the sudden my sister exclaims, "Jessica! Jillian is dripping poo on the floor!." Okay, maybe I need to backup for this to make sense. I had both girls in the car seats and they were doing great, we were just waiting for the doctor to come in so we could chat and then go. A few minutes after we got into the room Jillian started to get fussy so we took her out and Teri was going to hold her. She wouldn't calm down so I held her (doctor wasn't in yet). All of the sudden you hear the unmistakable sounds of Jillian "doing her thing." Well, I know the diaper we have on is a good one (not Huggies!!!) and Dr. Wilson just walked in so I decided to wait and change her after the appointment was over. I was standing up rocking Jillian a little when the poo starts to leak. It leaked on her, me the floor. It was disgusting, really it was.

So, I start to clean up his floor and then Jillian as the doctor and I are finishing our conversation. There is poo all over her outfit and it is not wearable anymore. Well, silly me... being a first time mom... I don't have any extra clothes to change her into. So, Jillian went home from my doctor's appointment in a clean diaper wrapped in her blanket and Jenna's (Jenna had clothes so I figured she wouldn't mind sharing her blankie with her sissy) in her birthday suit. :)

I put a change of clothes for both babies that will stay in the bag now as soon as I got home. :) No more naked babies on my watch, no sirree.

Something interesting to note: The girls may be identical. During all of this fiasco I was having Dr. Wilson check our results of the placenta dissection again because 1) the girls look so darn similar (yes I know they are twins but the same hair, eyes, figures, noses?? Come on!) and 2) they have the same birthmark on the back of their head in the exact same spot and everything. Well, he said there is a 70% chance they are fraternal and 30% chance they are identical. He also said that is they have the same blood types than the likelihood they are identical increases. Both girls have O+ blood according the the paperwork I have from Cooks. So, once I have the money I am going to have DNA tests done on them. There are companies I found on the Internet that send DNA kits and you do the swab and then send it back. They compare the samples and then get your results back to you in about 2 weeks or so. Prices range from $99 to $200 which seems kind of expensive for one test; but...I need to know a definite or its going to drive me crazy for the rest of my life. :)

More To Come; but until then enjoy a little video I took of the girls during playtime...

Jessica

1 comment: