Jenna
I think I am going to jinx it by saying this; but it is just really exciting...the girls have started to sleep thru the night! Almost. :)
Let's see, it started last Tuesday (or Wednesday, I can't remember). Usually both girls would wake up wanting to eat anywhere from about 1:30-2:30. On Tuesday Jillian woke up but she was just kind of wimpering instead of crying. I had always made it a habit of trying to get the girls to settle down on their own during the night instead of just bringing in a bottle right away...like giving them their pacifier instead. So on Tuesday when Jillian woke up I put her pacy back in and she went right to bed. She did that at about 2, 3 and 4 and then at around 4:40-4:45 when she really woke up it was too late to feed her or else our daily routine would have gotten all messed up. The doctor said it was okay for them to go all night now so I knew she wouldn't starve or anything. I settled her back in bed with me and she went right to sleep.
Jillian
During all of this Jenna didn't wake up once! In fact, she didn't wake up until about 5:15 that day!! Most of the rest of the week was the same where Jenna pretty much slept all night and Jillian woke up a couple times; but, the girls haven't been fed past 9:00 in about 5 days! Last night was much of the same except the girls switched, Jillian slept all night long, until about 5:45 and Jenna got up a few times.
It is kind of neat that they did this on their own. Jillian and Jenna are so used to the schedule that the NICU gave them we figured we would have to go cold turkey for a few days to get them onto a new schedule. We also didn't think they would start sleeping more so soon though; we figured it would be in late April or early May. :) Let's just hope they keep it up! I am definately ready for some uninterrupted sleep. I would rather have fewer hours of uniterrupted sleep than 8 hours of getting up and down and up and down. Ya know?
It comes at a great time too as I just started back to work this past Thursday. I am working part-time instead of full-time but I just can't imagine having a full time job right now. I can barely keep up with things as they are now since starting back last week.
More to come,
Jessica

Jessie, Who is watching the babies when you go to work. I bet you miss being with them. then again a little adult interaction never hurts.
ReplyDeleteSusie
you are right...I do miss them a lot. it is nice to get out of the house for a few days a week but they are constantly on my mind. :)
ReplyDeletei will be working on mondays, thursdays, fridays and saturdays. jared will be in charge on mondays and saturdays and then my mother-in-law, mary, will be watching them on thursdays and fridays. :)