
Jenna (L) and Jillian (R) are enthralled by their dimwitted (Jared's description, not mine!) dog :)
Jillian is 10 lbs 10 ounces and Jenna is 10 lbs 6 ounces! They eat 4 ounces 5 times a day.They are doing a lot more fun things too...Here they are holding up their heads during "Tummy Time." They are able to lift up with their arms for very short periods of time while on their tummy. They have better head control while being held and in a sitting position. They are smiling (a lot) and starting to coo and squeal (though no babbles yet). They are on the verge of giggles so those should start to erupt in the next few weeks. All in all they can now be called babies, instead of little lumps. :)
Anyhoo, in regards to my previous post on the eating problems: the doctor recommended that we move to an every 4 hour schedule. We started that on Wednesday and it works a lot better, especially with Jenna. Jillian still struggles with finishing one bottle a day but overall there is marked improvement and much less stress and fighting. :) Thanks for voting by the way, it looks like the majority of babies move up at around 4-5 months with a few going before or after that time frame. My doctor said there are 1 month olds who are on a 4 month schedule so I guess it just depends on the kiddo.
I do have a pretty funny story if you have time. Well, it wasn't funny when it happened but it is funny now:
On Thursday morning I was rushing around to get ready for work and I was trying to pick up the house some. I had put Shelby outside and therefore felt comfortable with putting the babies on the floor with their gym. It had been about 40-45 minutes since they had eaten so I figured they would be fine on their backs (acid reflux wise). Well, I was going about some quick chores while they were playing (making my bed, putting away some clothes, cleaning up their nursery) when Jillian started screaming and Jenna started crying. I didn't know if they poke each other in the eye or what!
I rushed out to the living and right away I see poor Jillian is absolutely covered in vomit/spit up. It completely covered her face; it was in her hair, ears, eyes, nose,mouth, on her clothes...everywhere! I couldn't figure out what happened until I saw a little river of spit up dribbling down Jenna' s chin. Jenna had a little bit in her hair but poor Jillian; I was having to use the bulb syringe to suck spit up out of her nose and mouth!
So, I dropped everything and ran to get some towels. I cleaned up both girls the best I could and tried to soak up the vomit that was covering the mat of the gym. Then I put Jenna in her bouncy seat and bathed and changed Jillian. She was traumatized by the whole thing and promptly went to sleep after that.
I then threw the mat and dirty clothes in the washer and proceeded to bathe and change Jenna. After she was all cleaned up and in her swing I decided to go ahead and eat my breakfast. I was eating Lucky Charms at the kitchen counter and filling out some paperwork for my sister when I spilt my milk all over the counter and floor. This was all before 8am people!
I couldn't catch a break. All I can think today is TGIF and its the end of a boo boo week filled with doctors appointments, shots, fevers and reactions from shots, schedule changes, vomit, and spilt milk.
More to Come...Unless I'm committed ;)
Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment