Well, we finally got our computer back! Last week our computer just shut off for no reason and wouldn't turn back on. I thought maybe it was overheated or something and waited a few hours and tried again but it still wouldn't work. I checked the plugs and everything was in place so I had no idea what the deal was. This same thing had happened a few years ago and our 'power source' had to be replaced. So figured maybe it was the power source again.
Well we took it in last Thursday morning and that afternoon the tech called and said there wasn't anything wrong with it when they plugged it in at their shop it worked fine. So I finally had the time to go and get it after work yesterday and guess how much they charged me to turn my computer on? $37 dollars and change! Can you believe that? They called it a diagnostic fee. I didn't expect they wouldn't charge anything but forty buck? Come on people!
Anyhoo, that ranting aside it is time to update everyone since it has been a while. We are all doing well. Both girls are now rolling over from tummy to back. They don't do it often but at least we know they can. They are smiling more and more but still no giggles and no baby babble yet. A few happy screeches here and there but mostly the verbal noises are still cries.
They are still working on sleeping through the night. We haven't fed them in the middle of the night for about 3 weeks now so that is good; however, both girls usually wake at least once and we have to sooth them with their pacifier or by rubbing their heads or belly. There have been a handful of nights where one or both (both was just once) have slept without waking but that seems to be what we are still striving for and not quite there. They are better about being soothed and going back to bed afterwards which is, I think, a step in the right direction.
Our challenge these days is eating. I know all kids go through a period where they eat like crazy and then they go through periods where they aren't interested. I thought that was more toddler+ age though. The last few weeks Jillian has been a very fussy eater. Most bottles she starts out fine but looses interest after only a few ounces (we are at 4 ounces now). There have been a few bottles where she almost refuses to take any. Jenna was doing just fine but this week has started the same thing. I don't know if they are just not hungry or if we are feeding too often. They still eat every 3 (to sometimes 3 1/2 hours during the day). Maybe we need to stretch it longer?
We go to the doctor tomorrow for our 4 month check up and shots so it is on my list to talk about. In the meantime, Blogger offers lots of nifty tools I can try out and they have a poll. So, I am polling all of the moms and dads who read this... Do you remember when your baby moved off a 2-3 hour feeding schedule and onto a 4 hour schedule or longer? Keep in mind my babies aren't ready for solid foods yet...with their adjusted age it will probably be another 2 months before that happens according to our last doctor's visit. That may change tomorrow but I doubt it.
I haven't used the poll before so hopefully it works. We will see!!
More to Come...
Jess

Wow - your blog is getting fancy - visitor map, survey, - you're a chip off the old block, kiddo.
ReplyDelete