Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

All Alone...

My Dad and his wife, MyeongHee, are leaving this morning at 10:00 to go back to Ulsan, South Korea. They arrived on May 12th and stayed with my grandma for a few days and then got to our house on May 14th. This past Sunday (the 24th) they went to go and stay with my grandpa before leaving the US today. We had a nice, long visit and to me it was really special because I got to see my Dad more these last 11 days than I have since before I was married...and especially since he moved to Ulsan a few years ago.

On Sunday we had a family get together and it was definately bitter sweet for me. I had a lot of fun that day and being with the family was great but it was definately hard to say good bye at the end. I was/am sad for me but more sad for my Dad and the babies. The girls will grow up so quickly and I know it will be difficult for him to watch it from so far away. I will be diligent on pictures and videos for sure.




MyeongHee with Jenna and Dad with Jillian on our first night together


MyeongHee and Jenna became great friends


Dad, MyeongHee and Jillian at Teri's Grad Party

I also had a great time getting to know MyeongHee. There were some challenges with communicating but it doesn't take much to see how gentle and sweet she is. She is also very giving, I think almost everyone in the family (including my brother and sister---my mom's kiddos with my stepdad) got a little something. And of course we got a lot of super cute outfits for the girls. :) She and I went out shopping alone one day last week on a quest for American made gifts...for some reason everything here is made in China. :) I took her to our Downtown Square where there are lots of neat crafty things....lots of items were still made in China but she was able to find a gift for her mom.

All in all the last week and half was a blessed time and I will enjoy the memories from the visit for years.




More to come...


Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment