Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

How Time Flies...

I was looking over all of my past posts the other day and all I could think was how the big the girls are getting and how fast they got there. The first pictures and posts were so fun to look at and it seems like those babies are completely different from the babies I have now.

The girls are about 12 1/2 pounds now and are starting to wear a few of their 3-6 months clothes now. They are playing a LOT, especially with their legs and feet. They aren't reaching or grabbing for much yet but they sure like to kick their feet...especially if they can kick a noisy toy. They are getting more vocal as far as squeals and screeches...but we are still waiting on pins and needles for any sign of laughter. The laughs and giggles are there, I can see them in their faces and eyes, but they just can't figure out how to voice it yet.



Jillian (L) and Jenna (R) are nothing but smiles these days


They also like baths a lot more now, by the way. One of the older posts was about the babies and how they would cry if you bathed them. Now it is the opposite, once you take them out of the tub they cry. :)



Jillian gets a bath



Jenna gets a bath


We are still working on getting Jillian to sleep through the night, Jenna has slept through the night solidly for about a week now; however, Jillian has started to wake up about 5-9 times a night wanting her pacifier. Part of me thinks that she may not want to be swaddled anymore, but every time I try to put her down with out a swaddle she wakes up and won't go back to sleep. I have also tried to leave one arm out of the swaddle because she is a big time sucker; a pacifer, thumb, fist, finger...whatever is there she will suck on it. I was hoping that if I left her arm out she would find it during the night and suck on it so that she could soothe herself back to sleep...it hasn't worked yet.

We also still struggle with the eating. Cereal still isn't a regular thing as they just haven't been ready for it when we give it to them. We are actually going to try again tonight to see if another week has helped so we will see. The doctor has also prescribed a different acid reflux medicine for Jillian (since she is the one who has a harder time with eating) to see if it helps. She is gaining weight so she is getting enough to eat but it is really the bare minimum. We may end up having to take her to a GI doctor to make sure her tummy/digestion is working properly but hopefully the new medicine will do the trick and we don't have to go that route. My personal opinion is that she has an allergy to the formula we have her on. The doctor seems to think that even if it is true the preemie formula is still very important for them so we need to keep them on it.
All in the all we are in a new phase though. Whereas before I was always the entertainer, now occasionally I get to be the entertainee. :) Jilly and Jenna are so fun to watch when they are all smiley and happy and wiggling every which way... Here is a VIDEO I took that really shows off their cuteness. :)





More to come...
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. They are so cute! If you do have to go to a pedi GI dr, Samantha's is FANTASTIC! I can give you his name and number if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they really look alike in that first picture.. how cute are they. Such a fun stage.. only to get more fun. Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies, indeed. Even since we were there last week they've gotten little pot-bellies - especially Jillian. But they look so happy and cute. I just wanna pinch their cheeks again.

    I'm so very proud of you, Jessica

    ReplyDelete