Jillian & Jenna

Jillian & Jenna

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of Jillian Grace and Jenna Faith. This is my way of sharing stories and photos with our family and friends.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Catching Up

For those who have or have had babies, does it ever feel like you are in a strange time warp? The days seem long while you are living them...but then you look back and think, "WOW! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday..."

Who is who?? Jillian (L) and Jenna (R) are getting big! I took a tummy shot for all you lovers of baby tummies like me. :)




That is how I feel lately. Every time I look at the girls they just seem so big! It doesn't help that life has been exceptionally hectic lately. Between my two part-time jobs, being a full time mom, a wife, and then doing all of the other things that go along with life, I feel pooped! :) In a good way though.
A new and exciting thing that has happened around our house is that the girls have started to eat carrots. We had been doing Rice Cereal and it wasn't working out so well. It wasn't that they couldn't eat it, because they definitely could. It was more about them not liking it very much.

The carrots are going along more smoothly though, hopefully next week we can try sweet potatoes or squash. There are still days where one or both of the girls would rather have a bottle (or nothing knowing how finicky our girls are about eating) but all in all after about 5 minutes of eating the carrots at dinner they get back in the swing and remember they like them. :)


Jillian says, "More carrots, please!"


Jenna is full after eating a big ol' batch of yummy, sweet carrots

Oh, Jillian has also been wanting to try and hold her own bottle lately. She still can't because she doesn't have very good hand control. Jilly and Jenna are just now in the last few weeks starting to reach for things. I have noticed that if she can at least hold my hand that is holding the bottle she does a lot better with eating. Does anyone remember when their little one started wanting to hold their own bottle? I am not sure why I didn't notice or think of her wanting to hold it before. According to my mom, I had an independent streak a mile wide. No....not me, right? :)


Also, do you think babies have a built in sensor for when it is time for the mommies and daddies to eat or be on the computer or do laundry? Every night like clock work the babies start to cry and cry as soon as we finish saying Grace for the evening meal. I am not kidding either...like clock work. Also, the last few times I have tried to blog I have had to do it either super fast because a baby(s) was crying or with a baby on my lap. Crazy... I can't figure out why it is but hopefully it is a phase that will pass. The dog does it to though...every time I am on the phone Shelby starts to eat her pillow bed. I keep telling her I won't buy her another bed but I think she knows I am bluffing.
Hang on...I have to go pick up Jillian. She is in hysterics.... Okay, I am back and Jillian says, "Hiya!"

Otherwise we are trucking along. I have a new work schedule that we are trying to adjust to....I work on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (I used to work Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday). I think it will work out well once the routine is established but this is our first week with it so we will see. Then the next few weeks are just hectic with vacations for my mom-in-law, not me :( ...and 6 month check ups.
Anyhoo, that is about all for now.

More to Come,
Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Samantha was about 6 months when she started wanting to hold her bottle. I blogged about it here http://christygrelle.blogspot.com/2008/07/independence.html

    But then when she was about 11 months, she refused to hold it anymore, she wanted someone else to do it for her. Go figure!

    The girls are looking great! And I hope it is an easy adjustment for all of you with the new schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer MacKinneyJune 11, 2009 at 10:42 AM

    Kyle was about 6 months old when he started holding his own bottle too. He also has a bit of an independent streak about him!! He would do the same thing after grace the girls are doing. Now if we start getting our food without saying grace first he'll scream and hold his hands for us to grab then he'll bow his head and close his eyes and wait for his daddy to pray. It is precious!! Not even 2 and already a prayer warrior!!

    ReplyDelete