Funny Story! Last night, after Jared and I had fed the girls and gotten them ready for bed, I decided to go on a few quick errands. I needed to go to Target for some things and also the gas station; since we are driving a good bit today to pick up Jillian's cranial band. :) Sometimes it is just easier for me to do these errands at night after the babies have gone to bed rather than take them with me during the day, I am sure you understand.
Anyhoo, I left Jared with the girls at about 7:45 and he was going to get them in bed and asleep. I left for my errands and was home by 9:00. He did a great job, both girls were fast asleep. One little lady was in her crib in her room, the other was in the pack-n-play in the guest room. We have found that naps and night time go a LOT easier if they are put in separate rooms to fall asleep. After both girls are asleep at night, I move the baby in the guest room to her crib. They don't wake each other up once they are asleep, but they have a hard time going to sleep with someone in the room. Especially if that someone else has the giggles.
So, I go to check the babies, making sure they are definitely asleep before I think about moving the one to her crib. Jared says that Jillian is in her bed and Jenna is in the guest room. Sure enough, Jilly is in her bed and asleep. So I go to move Jenna, grab her up, get her in her bed and I look down at her face and clothes and it isn't Jenna! I look again, trying not to wake the baby up too much and sure enough Jillian was in the pack-n-play, with Jenna's Lovie and pacifier. So I go and take a second peak at who I thought was Jillian in Jillian's bed and I am doing everything I can not to bust out laughing and wake up the babies. Jenna is in Jillian's bed with Jillian's Lovie and pacifier!!
Ha-Ha!! So I get them situated (I didn't move them to the right beds, I am not that insane!
I want them to stay asleep.) and go back in to our room. I ask Jared which baby he had put where....just in case I heard him wrong, and he says Jenna was in the guest room and Jillian was in her crib. So I ask him if maybe he was wrong and you should have seen the look on his face when I told him that the girls had been goofed! Priceless!! Then he said..."Hey, it could happen to anyone!" I don't think his excuse made him feel better though, he was still trying to sort out the mix up this morning.
So, the moral of the story is....if it can happen to the Daddy, it can happen to you. For all those who still don't know who is who (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!) you can rest easy; if we don't know which kid is which, we can hardly expect you to know. :)
More to Come (with updates on how it went with Jillian's band this afternoon),
Jess

That's too funny. We're not sure, either, who is who.
ReplyDeleteSo our guess on the two "who am I" pics is the top one is Jenna and the bottom is Jilly. Did we win the grand prize?
Nope...you are not the Grand Prize winner. Try again next time!!
ReplyDelete:)